I have a serious love affair with party snack food. I’m sure my husband thinks I’m a little crazy because he does NOT share my love of snacks!
Since we got married, anytime there was a football or basketball game I knew we would be watching, I made sure I had some good chips and dips or other finger foods on hand. The kids and I would snack on them and enjoy our salty, processed foods. My husband would ignore them and yell at the TV.
We were both happy!
But since changing over to our Keto diet, eating snacks has changed a lot. It’s easy to just grab a cheese stick or a handful of nuts, but I still love my party food, so sometimes I just have to make some!
These jalapeno poppers are so good!
Pick up some nice-sized, firm jalapenos at the market, or you can do like I do, and grow them, but forget to pick them so they turn bright red and get even spicier!
Oh and don’t forget the Cilantro, it adds great flavor.
These are high in fat, have almost no carbs, and are just spicy enough for this Mexican food-loving girl!
- 12-15 medium Jalapenos
- 1 block (16 oz) Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh Lime Juice
- 2-3 chopped Scallions (whites and greens)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled Bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cut tops off the jalapenos and cut them in half lengthwise. If you like them
- really hot you can leave the seeds and membranes, otherwise scrape out the
- seeds and any excess membrane from the inside.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, lime juice, chopped scallions, a little
- salt and pepper, garlic and onion powders, and crumbled bacon.
- Scoop cream cheese mixture into jalapeno halves.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and place
- filled jalapenos on the baking sheet. Top each jalapeno with a sprinkle of
- cheddar cheese and cilantro.
- Bake at 325° F for 20-25 minutes, until jalapenos are soft and cheese on top
- is bubbly and just starting to brown. Serve on their own or with sour cream.
*It's important to wear gloves when handling jalapenos. The oils are difficult to remove from your skin and if you touch your nose or eyes with those oils you can burn yourself.
Nutrition Breakdown: (per popper) Calories: 92 Fats: 9 grams Net Carbs: 1 grams Protein: 3 grams